Sunday, April 5, 2009

CHICAGO SKYWAY

Saturday a few of us decided to ride to Gary Indiana, Yep, birthplace of the Jackson 5. However... we did not make it all the way due to rugged terrain. But we did 25 miles to the border, Just beneath the Chicago Skyway. (50 miles roundtrip) I could smell Gary from there, and I think I was fine with that. Here are some pics


Skyline view from 67th St.

Church at 83rd st.

My bike at 55th st

Draw bridge off of Indianapolis Blvd. Near 110th and Avenue D

Fantano subs in the heart of Little Italy... Chicagos Version of Tenuta's... Thanks Mary Fontano for hooking up the subs!

Melina

Taking my eye off the road for just a sec.

Take a long walk off a short...

The trail just after the skyway... leads to the border

fisherman

an old Schlitz-built bar around 94th St.


Great swimming water out here...

Serge

The Skyway

I have a feeling that this tank is not here just for decoration...
Daley is secretly plotting to get rid of the southside.

Powerlines

No comments:

Post a Comment